Maxi-Race du lac d’Annecy 2023 dates, prices and information
Maxi-Race du lac d’Annecy 2023
The GreenWeez Maxi-Race on Lake Annecy returns to its usual date at the end of May. This famous trail allows you to discover magnificent landscapes. All the info and fares are in this article.
An exceptional alpine landscape
Participating in this trail is a unique experience. It is the opportunity to evolve in a grandiose landscape, between lake and mountain. The course offers unique panoramas on the summits of Haute-Savoie and the route passes by the Semnoz, the Bauges, Menthon-Saint-Bernard and Veyrier.
Athletes can choose between multiple race formats: ultras, short trails, marathons, solo or relay.
The organization of this Maxi-Race has evolved from edition to edition in order to meet the requirements values of the runners:
- The plastic is reduced to the maximum, the supplies are made with organic and local producers.
- To improve the experience, the races are designed by runners, for runners.
- More than 15 associations participate in the organization of the event and 30 to 40 000 € are donated to the associative world.
- Dates The event will take place on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 May 2022.
- The nerve center is the i-Run Maxi-Village. Located on the beach of Albigny in Annecy-le-Vieux. It is the place of departure of the long races, the arrival of the races and the zone of withdrawal of the bibs. It is also the village of the brands which counts numerous stands of exhibitors. It is located at 27 avenue du Petit Port, 74940 Annecy.
- The withdrawal of the numbers is possible the day before the departure. It is necessary to reserve a time slot of one hour. For the Short race, the Fémina-Race and the Marathon Experience, shuttles are available by booking in advance. Concerning the orienteering races and the Marathon race, it is imperative to use a shuttle to take the start.
- Prices Prices : depending on the race chosen and the date of registration, prices vary from 22 to 150 €.
The proposed events all require an adapted physical preparation which will give you the possibility to finish them or to make a time. Proof of fitness in the form of a medical certificate less than one month old is required upon registration.
The registrations are only done online via the official website.
Where to stay in Annecy for the Maxi-Race ?
To participate in this race, you have the choice between many establishments. According to your tastes, we have selected five hotels in Annecy that offer excellent value for money and receive very good reviews from customers.
This new 4-star hotel is ideally located in front of Lake Annecy, near the Marquisats beach. It offers an herbal tea room, a spa and an oyster bar. The 101 rooms are carefully decorated in a contemporary style.
In the evening, you can enjoy the large rooftop and the brunch service.
From 152 € the room.
Rivage Hotel & Spa Annecy
This beautiful establishment is located in front of the beach of Albigny in Annecy-le-Vieux, 50 meters from the start of the Maxi-Race. The facilities, very complete, include the largest spa of Annecy on 1 000 m², a Scandinavian sauna and a fitness area.
From 201 € per room.
Les Trésoms Lake and Spa Resort
This 4-star hotel is located on the slopes of the Semnoz, opposite Lake Annecy. It is equipped with a Spa and a heated pool. Its gastronomic restaurant serves refined cuisine inspired by the land and sea.
The city center of the capital of Haute-Savoie is 5 minutes away by car.
From 233 € per night.
Hotel de Bonlieu
Right in the center of Annecy, this hotel allows you to visit the castle of Annecy and the Old Prisons. You can also go for a walk on the Pâquier, only 300 meters away. Rooms are equipped with air conditioning and Wi-Fi.
The Bonlieu cultural center is nearby.
From 143 € per night.
Located right in front of the Vassé canal, you can admire the Pont Amours. Crossing the Pâquier and the Charles Bosson park, we arrive at the starting point of the Maxi-Race. On your return, you can visit the Jardins de l'Europe and the Old Town of Annecy.
A beautiful address.
From 122 € per night.
Choose your race
Before taking the start of one of the most beautiful trails in France. You have to choose the race that suits you around the lake of Annecy:
- The Maxi-Race, over 88 km with 5,200 m of positive elevation gain (the R-Race 4 is for runners who live in Haute-Savoie and Savoie).
- The Marathon Race, 39 km long with 2,900 m of positive altitude difference.
- The Marathon Experience, over 45 km and 2,400 m of positive altitude difference.
- Ultra Race, 114 km and 7000 m of positive altitude difference. This demanding route goes around the lake of Annecy with a loop at the level of the massif of Bauges.
- The Short Race, 16 km and 950 m of positive altitude difference. A variant of the race is reserved for female athletes.
- The races for children.
All of these races are ITRA and UTMB World Series Qualifiers certified.
Poster of the 2022 edition of the Maxi-Race of Lake Annecy
Prize list 2022
American Seth Ruhling won the 82 km race in 8 hours 44 minutes. The second is Aurélien Dunand-Pallaz, who finished the race in 9 h 13, and the third, Elias Kadi in 9 h 16.